A one day workshop
This workshop will empower staff to deal with difficult events and challenging experiences in their day to day lives. This course is based on the belief that there is a link between personal empowerment and an individual’s mental health status, and that people have the ability to change and increase their resilience. Resilience can be cultivated and a thoughtful self-care plan can increase and support the development of resilience. It involves behaviors, thoughts, and actions that can be learned and developed in anyone. Staff will learn stress management strategies and how to choose solutions to their stress.
This workshop draws on Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Positive Psychology.
Through discussion and workshop activities participants will identify what they may need to change in order to experience improved resilience. Staff will have the opportunity to develop and write their own Self-care Plan. All participants are provided with a workbook.
• Understanding resilience, stress & self-care
• Habits – how to make changes in your life ‘stick’
• How to develop a self-care plan and the relationship to resilience
• Maximising relationships & a supportive team
• Stress management strategies
• Developing emotional control – strategies to manage difficult thoughts and emotions
• Coping styles and problem-solving strategies
• Sleep – how to get a good night’s sleep
• Workplace strategies – what can be done on an organisational level
Absolutely loved it! Reinforced things I need to look at and how I can make improvements.
Thank you! This was exactly what I needed! :)
Best PD I have attended.
Good to shine the light on important issues.
Lots of ideas to try.
Fantastic -Thank you!